Outline: If you are stuck using VirtualDub to edit AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts) files from Sony/Canon/Panasonic/JVC cameras etc. Reference this article.
The standalone VirtualDub cannot handle AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts) like from Sony cameras. You can use one or more
plugins to load AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts) or other files, but you cannot save AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts) with VirtualDub eventually. The best to way to handle AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts) file with VirtualDub should
be Aiseesoft AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts) Video Converter.
How to convert AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts) to VirtualDub compatible format?
VirtualDub only compatible with AVI related formats. Even when you use Plugins for VirtualDub, it might not provide a perfect resolution for using AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts) with VirtualDub.
Convert AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts) to AVI for importing the AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts) file to VirtualDub or convert AVI to AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts) for more portable devices. You do not need several plugins, just one program - Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac (Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter) which can help you fix all unsupported formats and codecs. It is an All-in-one program for using AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts) with VirtuabDub. Multiple editing tools can help you customize the video file with high quality conversion and can export 4K video or 3D file as your requirement.
How to convert Sony AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts) for VirtualDub or convert
VirtualDub to AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts)?
Step one: Install the program
Download AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts) Video Converter from the official website.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/mts-converter-mac/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MTS-M2TS-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177029.html
Step two: Load Video file
Convert AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts) to VirtualDub or vice versa, you only need to load AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts) or video file of VirtualDub to the program. Click the "Add File" or drag-n-drop the files to the program.
Note: You can click “Merge into one file”to merge your several AVCHD files into one bog file for better usages.
Step three: Select Output format
Select the "AVI" format for VirtualDub or select the device type or AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts) from the drop down list of the "Profile" menu. The program provides the broadest presets of device types.
Step four: Convert Video file
Click the "Convert" to convert AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts) to VirtualDub supported AVI formats with fast speed. Have a try!
- Can Final Cut Pro X Edit DJI Phantom 4K video?
- Import and Edit Sony A6300 4K XAVC S to Avid Media Composer
- Tapeless MTS Workflow with Final Cut Pro 7
- Best Workflows of Sony A7S II XAVC S 4K Video to Avid Media Composer
- The workflow for converting MXF to Premiere Pro CC
- MP4 video can be used perfectly in Premiere Pro CC
- Edit DJI Phantom 4 4k videos in Davinci Resolve Lite Smoothly
- How to Get AVCHD MTS Workflow with DaVinci Resolve (Lite)?