Outline: Want to encode 4K S-Log to a more edit friendly format for editing with editors like FCP, Avid Media Composer, Premiere Pro etc? Reference this article.
S-Log is a gamma curve that is optimized under the assumption that grading will be performed in the
post-production process. S-Gamut is color reproduction that is supposed to be used together with S-Log. If you want to edit the 4K S-Log with some popular editor like FCP, iMovie, Premiere Pro
etc, you can learn how to transcode 4K S-Log to a more edit friendly codec on Mac/PC.
Currently, most major NLEs can handle 4K files without much problem, but it is extremely hardware intensive. What is a faster and more fluid 4K S-Log editing workflow on a Mac or Windows PC? Sometimes need to convert 4K S-Log footage to an edit friendly codec before importing them to NLEs. This requires a professional 4K S-Log file transcoder.
Pavtube 4K Video Converter for Mac is a professional 4K video converter, which can convert any 4K video including 4K MP4, 4K MOV, 4K XAVC, 4K XAVC S, 4K MXF, 4K MTS, 4K H.265 etc to FCP, iMovie, Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve, Sony Vegas Pro, Windows Movie Maker, Edius Pro, GoPro Studio more friendly edit codec/format for smooth editing. Or you can take this converter be a 4K video editor, because it also provide professional editing functions to you: split, merge, trim, crop, add watermark, adjust video effect, edit audio and insert subtitles.
Convert/transcode 4K to NLEs best editable format on Mac
- It supports to convert various formats between H.265, XAVC, MXF, MTS, M2TS, VOB, MOV, MP4, AVI(XviD), M4V, ASF, MPG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, 3GP, 3GPP, WMV, FLV, MKV, etc.
- Before converting MOV files, you can edit MOV with built-in editing tools (add subtitles/watermark/effect, trim/crop/ etc)
- Convert/Downscale 4K to HD 1080p or 720p or upsacle 1080p to 4K.
- Allow you to complete the conversion process with three simple clicks.
- Fully compatible with macOS Sierra, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard.
- Best Tool to Convert any 4K to any formats for Apple/Android/NLE/TV/VR/PS4/Plex etc.
Windows version: Pavtube Video Converter
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
- Top4download.com: http://www.top4download.com/pavtube-video-converter-for-mac/iujpttsg.html
How to Transcode 4K S-Log to a more edit friendly codec?
Step 1. Add videos
Install and run the 4K Converter for editor on your computer, then click "Add Video" button to browse and load your rvideos which you've transferred to your Mac.
Step 2. Click "Format" bar, and select your desire formats from "Common video" or "HD video" etc. You can also select the editable format from FCP, iMovie/FCE, Sony Vegas Pro/Premiere Pro, etc for your editing.
- FCP X supported formats
- iMovie/FCE supported formats
- Windows Movie Maker supported formats
- Avid MC supported formats
- GoPro Studio supported formats
Tips: The default settings may not satisfy you, and you can click the "Settings" button to change the
settings by yourself including video resolution, bit rate, audio sample rate, audio channel etc. for full screen playback smoothly. Or keep no changes, which is also a good
Step 3. Click the "Convert" button on the main interface and the software will start to convert 4K S-Log to NLE friendly video formats immediately. When the conversion finishes, click "Open" to find the converted video files. Then you can effortless transfer the video files to NLE for nice editing.
- How to Compress/Convert 4K Video for Editing with Windows Movie Maker?
- Can Final Cut Pro X Edit DJI Phantom 4K video?
- Import and Edit Sony A6300 4K XAVC S to Avid Media Composer
- How to Upscale 1080P to 4K on Mac or Windows?
- How to Mirror 4K Movies to TV with Chromecast 2
- Can 4K UHD Videos Be Played on iPad Pro?
- Easy Way to Get 4K H.265 playable onto the new Apple TV (ATV 4)
- How to play 4K Videos with Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 tablet?
- The Best Way to Import Sony EX3 XDCAM MP4 footage to iMovie
- Sony PMW EX3 XDCAM Workflow with DaVinci Resolve
- How to Edit Sony MTS videos with ScreenFlow smoothly