If you have any difficulty with editing Sony AX33 Christmas 4K Recordings in iMovie, please take few minutes to read this guide. You may get some tips to solve the difficulty after reading it.
The Christmas 4K Recordings you shoot with Sony AX33 is encoded in XAVX S
codec. And XAVX S codec isn’t in the list of codecs iMovie supports. You can see that from the picture below.
In order to make Sony AX33 Christmas 4K XAVC S recordings compatible with iMovie, I would suggest you to transcode 4K XAVC S recordings to AIC MOV format that is the most suitable choice for iMovie. If you have a professional video converter installed on your Mac, then the XAVC S to AIC MOV conversion will be much quicker.
Here I would recommend Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac to assist you to finish the XAVC S to AIC MOV conversion. The App can not only convert Sony AX33 Christmas 4K recordings to AIC MOV format for iMovie, but also transform all kinds of 4K Recordings to QuickTime for playback. If you want to know about more 4K video converters for Mac, please review Top 5 Best Video Converter for Mac
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to Edit Sony AX33 Christmas 4K Recordings in iMovie
Step 1. First, transfer Christmas 4K recordings from Sony AX33 to your Mac.
Click "Add Video" button on the top menu to browse and choose 4K XAVC S recordings.
Step 2. Then click the “Format” bar and follow "iMovie and Final Cut Express" > "Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov)".
Step 3. Click the big "Convert" button in the main UI. Then the App will start converting 4K XAVC S recordings to AIC MOV. Once the conversion is finished, you are able to edit Sony AX33 Christmas 4K recordings in iMovie with no issue. Enjoy!
Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac: If you want to edit popular BD movies in iMovie, you can try our another software - Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac. This program can help you rip movies out for further editing in iMovie.
- Edit Ikegami MXF Files in iMovie
- Edit AMIRA SUP 3.0 4K UHD MXF files in iMovie
- Convert Canon XF200 MXF to AIC MOV for iMovie
- Import FDR-X1000V 4K XAVC S Files to iMovie/FCE for Editing
- Import Panasonic FZ1000 4K Video to iMovie for Editing
- How to Import and Edit Canon HF-R600 AVHCD with iMovie/FCE on Mac