This article is about how to import and edit Sony FS7 XAVC videos in iMovie. If you have similar problems, please read on. Maybe you will get some tips.
The codec of Sony FS7 recordings is XAVC and the quality of the XAVC videos is
4K. If you find the process of editing Sony FS7 XAVC 4K videos in iMovie is not smooth or iMovie even doesn’t work for the 4K files, please don’t worry, you are not the only one who has the same
The features of Sony FS7 XAVC 4K videos are large resolution and huge bit rate, so if the data rate of your Mac is lower or the resolution isn’t 4K or higher, the importing and editing problems above will happen to you. In order to import and edit Sony FS7 XAVC 4K videos in iMovie smoothly, I would suggest you convert Sony FS7 XAVC videos to AIC MOV format which is the most suitable file formats for iMovie and resize 4K resolution to 1080p (1920 x 1080).
Here I’m glad to introduce Pavtube Video Converter for Mac to you. This App is able to convert Sony FS7 XAVC videos to AIC MOV format for iMovie. Downgrading FS7 4K videos to 1920 x 1080 is also very simple to the App. In addition to this, it supports for converting Sony FS7 XAVC 4K videos to FCP X for editing or to QuickTime for smooth playback.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QIBK0TQ
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
How to Import and Edit Sony FS7 XAVC 4K videos in iMovie
Step 1. Firstly, transfer XAVC 4K recordings from Sony FS7 to your Mac.
Click "Add Video" or "Add from folder" to select the XAVC 4K files
Step 2. Then click the format bar and follow " iMovie and Final Cut Express" to select "Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov)" for iMovie.
Step 4. Click "Settings" to open “Profile Settings” window. Resize the resolution by changing “Size(pix)” to 1920 x 1080.
Step 5. Click the "Convert" button in the App to start converting XAVC 4K videos to AIC MOV format. When the conversion is finished, you can Import and edit Sony FS7 4K footage in iMovie smoothly. Enjoy!
Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac: If you want to edit popular 2D/3D BD movies in iMovie, you can try our another software - Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac. This program can help you ripping the movies out for editing work in iMovie.
- Edit GoPro Hero 4K Footage in Sony Vegas Pro
- Easily Import Canon XC10 XF-AVC 4K/1080p MXF to Sony Vegas Pro 13
- Import 4K Red Files to Final Cut Pro X for Editing
- Play Sony 4K XAVCS on Samsung/Sony/LG/Panasonic 4K UHD TV
- How can I Edit and Play GoPro Hero 4 4K Video on TV
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4R 4K MOV videos to Sony Vegas Pro 13