Summary: Did you run into trouble with playing M2TS files in Windows Media Player? It’s OK. I’ll give some free solutions for you to solve it in this article.
You maybe find that you can’t play some M2TS files in Windows Media Player, or
there’s no sound. Here is the type of M2TS file Windows Media Player 12 supports.
You can see that Windows Media Player only supports the M2TS file which is encoded in MPEG-2 codec. So if the codec of your M2TS file isn’t MPEG-2, Windows Media Player won’t support it. I’ll offer some simple, easy, free solutions for you to fix it.
Solution 1. Install Codec Pack for Windows Media Player.
Shark007's Codec is a free codec pack for WMP which will make Windows Media Player 12/11 much more powerful and support many types of M2TS files.
Solution 2. Install a free, powerful, third-party Media Player.
VLC Media Player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and M2TS files.
Solution 3. Transcode M2TS to WMV.
Pavtube Video Converter is a professional M2TS to WMP Converter which enables you to play M2TS files in Windows Media Player 12/11 smoothly. This App is able to convert M2TS to WMV format which is the most compatible format for Windows Media Player 12/11. In addition to this, it can help you import and edit AVCHD M2TS files with Windows Movie Maker. You also can trim and crop your M2TS videos in this App.
If you want to know about more M2TS to WMP converters, please review Top 10 Video Converter Guide
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
How to Play M2TS files in Windows Media Player
Step 1. Load M2TS files.
Click "Add Video" or "Add from folder" button to browse and choose your M2TS files. Or you can drag-and-drop M2TS videos to this App.
Step 2. Choose the preset output format.
For outputting WMV for Windows Media Player 12/11, click the format bar and follow "Common Video" > "WMV3(WMV9)(*.wmv)"
Step 3. Start converting M2TS files.
When you’re prepared, click the "Convert" button in the main UI to start converting M2TS files to WMV. You can see your videos by hitting "Open" button. Enjoy!
Pavtube HD Video Converter: If you want to play MXF files in Windows Media Player, you can try our another software – Pavtube HD Video Converter. This program can help you finish the MXF to Windows Media Player 12/11 conversion in a very short time.
- Enjoy Sony TD20 3D MTS on Zeiss VR One with Nexus 5
- Import Canon Vixia MTS to iMovie for Burning to DVD
- Edit Sony HDR-PJ440 MTS in Premiere Pro CC
- Can I Split/Cut/Edit JVC EX310 MTS for uploading to Vimeo with lossless quality
- How to Convert HD MTS to M4V for Playback on iPad Air/Apple TV 3
- Sony PJ810/PJ820 AVCHD MTS Won’t Work in DaVinci Resolve on Mac