Summary: Have problems with editing Sony MXF videos in ScreenFlow? Follow me! I’ll
offer some tips for you to fix the problems in this article.
On the discussion board of ScreenFlow, many users feedback they can’t import and edit Sony MXF videos in ScreenFlow successfully. The specific circumstance of the problem is they couldn’t see the preview of Sony MXF videos. The reason why the preview didn’t display is Sony MXF format isn’t in the supported formats list of ScreenFlow, so ScreenFlow can’t read Sony MXF videos.
The most suitable format for ScreenFlow is H.264 MP4. In order to import and edit Sony MXF videos with ScreenFlow successfully, we’d better decode and encode MXF files to H.264 Codec MP4. If you have the aid of a professional third-party MXF to ScreenFlow converter, the process of decoding and encoding Sony MXF videos will be much easier.
Here I’m glad to recommend an excellent MXF to ScreenFlow converter for you - Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac. This App provides ScreenFlow users the most efficient way to convert Sony MXF videos to H.264 Codec MP4 on Mac (El Capitan). Equipped with high quality technology, it even supports Multi-core CPU and hardware encoding MXF files. In the meantime, this MXF to ScreenFlow converter for Mac can convert Sony MTS/M2TS videos to H.264 Codec MP4 for ScreenFlow.
If you want to know about more HD video converters for Mac, please review Top 5 Best Video Converter for Mac
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to Edit Sony MXF Videos with ScreenFlow
Step 1. Load Sony MXF files
First, connect Sony Camera to Mac via USB cable, transfer MXF files to your Mac with the whole structure.
Launch this program. Click "Add Video" or "Add from folder" button on the top menu to browse Sony MXF files
Step 2. Choose the preset output format.
From “Format” drop-down option, just follow "HD Video" > "H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)".
Step 3. Resize parameters.
Click "Settings" to open “Profile Settings” window to resize output video and audio parameters such as video codec, size, frame rate, audio codec, bit rate, channels, etc according to your needs.
Step 4. Start converting MXF files
After the setting is done, go back to the main UI, click the big "Convert" button to start converting Sony MXF files. You can find your converted MXF videos by clicking "Open" button.
Now you are able to import and edit Sony MXF videos in ScreenFlow with no problem. Enjoy!
The Hot Key to import multimedia files to ScreenFlow is “Command” + “O”
Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac: If you want to rip popular BD movies out for editing in ScreenFlow, you can try our another software - Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac. This program can help you finish this ripping conversion efficiently.
- The workflow for converting MXF to Premiere Pro CC
- Why Avid DNxHD MXF Not Loaded to FCP X?
- Convert Canon C300 Mark II MXF to Premiere Elements
- Import Panasonic AJ-PX800 H.264/AVC MXF to DaVinci Resolve 11
- Import Canon C300 Mark II MXF to After Effects CC for Editing
- Import MXF from Panasonic AJ-PX380 to FCP