Summary: Have difficulty with importing Sony EX3 XDCAM MP4 footage to
iMovie? Don’t upset. This guide will offer you some advice to help you solve the difficulty.
If you’ve shot some MP4 footage with Sony EX3 XDCAM camera, you might want to import EX3 XDCAM MP4 footage to iMovie for editing. All Mac computers come with the iMovie application pre-installed. However sometimes you can’t import XDCAM MP4 files into iMovie, as the iMovie application ought to convert the MP4 footage into a different codec and it may not be able to decode and encode your XDCAM MP4 footage.
The first solution I offer to you is a online converter. This free way can transform MP4 footage to MOV format for iMovie. Certainly, first you need to upload XDCAM MP4 footage to this website, it will take a little long time.
Here is another solution for you - Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac. This XDCAM Converter assists you to convert Sony EX3 XDCAM MP4 footage to AIC .MOV format that is the most compatible codec format for iMovie. And it also supports for transcoding XDCAM MP4 footage to Apple ProRes Codec for FCP X, DNxHD for Avid Media Composer, MPEG-2 for Adobe Premiere Pro. In addition to those practical functions, it also supports for converting MKV, AVCHD, M2TS to iMovie for further editing.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to Import Sony EX3 XDCAM MP4 footage to iMovie.
Step 1. Load EX3 MP4 files
First of all, connect Sony EX3 to your Mac via USB Cable, transfer XDCAM MP4 footage to Mac computer using PMB.
Launch the App, drag and drop Sony EX3 MP4 files to add to this App, or you can consult the picture below.
Step 2. Choose the preset output format
Hit the Format box to select the specially set video profile for editing in iMovie: "iMovie and Final Cut Express" > "Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov)"
Step 3. Resize parameters.
For smooth editing MP4 footage in iMovie, you may downgrade the Frame Rate here. Hit the “Setting” option, change the number of “Frame Rate(fps)” to 30.
Step 4. Start converting files
When everything is prepared, hit the big "Convert" button in the main UI to begin converting MP4 files to AIC MOV. You can browse your converted videos by hitting "Open" button.
Once the conversion is finished, you can import Sony EX3 XDCAM MP4 footage to iMovie with no problem. Enjoy!
Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac: If you have the need of watching popular 2D BD movies in 3D effects and editing them in iMovie, you can try our another software - Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac. This program can help you rip the BD movies for watching and editing with no quality loss.
- Convert Canon XF200 MXF files to AIC MOV for iMovie
- Panasonic HC-W850 AVCHD to iMovie Workflow
- Import FDR-X1000V 4K XAVC S Files to iMovie/FCE for Editing
- How to Import and Edit Canon HF-R600 AVHCD with iMovie/FCE on Mac
- Can iMovie Edit 60fps HD Videos Smoothly?
- Load/Import Canon C100 MTS to iMovie/FCE