Summary: Have you ever captured some videos with your Sony PXW-FS5 but not
able to upload to edit them on Avid Media Composer? This article will help you a lot to solve this issue.
Hot Search: H.265/HEVC, XAVC and Latest Blu-ray | Sony 2K/4K XAVC, XAVC S videos for playing in PC/Mac | Sony
RX10 II XAVC S with FCP 6/7 Mac OS X El Capitan
“I have captured some videos clips about 20 or so with my new Sony PXW-FS5, the recordings are in XAVC format with 4K resolution. I would like to edit them on Avid Media Composer so that I can share these interesting videos with my friends through Internet or on YouTube. But the problem is, my Avid Media Composer has no ability to edit such high definition files, I want to find some apps can import the Sony PXW-FS5 XAVC to Avid Media Composer. Can anyone suggest something to help me out?”
To solve the problem, first, it’s worth mentioning that XAVC is an open recording format that was introduced by Sony Inc and can keep footages in 4K resolution (4096*2160 and 3840*2160) at up to 60 fps. If you recorded some videos with Sony PXW-FS5 XAVC and want to convert the clips to Avid for editing, no matter on Windows or Mac, you may get problems as showed above. Many users are used to editing videos with Avid Media Composer, but Sony PXW-FS5 XAVC recorded XAVC video can’t be supported by this edit software. This is due to the video codec program. You will see that Avid Media Composer supported formats are limited from its official page, XAVC format is not included.
To be able to use Sony PXW-FS5 XAVC 4K footage easily, we would recommend transcoding PXW-FS5 XAVC to a format that is best suitable for your editing program. You are recommended to use Pavtube Video Converter for Mac, which enables you to directly output Sony PXW-FS5 XAVC to Avid Media Composer optimized DNxHD MOV format. If you are Windows user, for windows available here. In this article I take Mac version as an example, Window version have the same steps and the functions.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QIBK0TQ
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
Import Sony PXW-FS5 4K XAVC Footage to Avid Media Composer 7/6/5.5/5
Step 1: Free download this best XAVC to Avid converter.
Install and run it as the best Sony XAVC to Avid converter. Click the “Add video” button to load Sony PXW-Z100 XAVC videos. “Add from Folder” and put your XAVC videos into it by drag and drop are both OK.
Step 2: Select “Avid DNxHD (*.mov)” as output video format compatible with Avid Media Composer
Click the drop-down list in the format line to get the format box. Then choose “Avid Media Composer>>Avid DNxHD (*.mov)” as output format.
Step 3: Adjust the output video’s parameters as you want
Click “Settings” button and you can change the size, the bit rate for getting the perfect effects.
Step 4: Convert Sony XAVC video files to Avid Media Composer
Click the “Convert” button to start converting PXW-FS5 XAVC video files to DNxHD MOV format. After conversion, you can edit XAVC files from Sony PXW-FS5 in Avid Media Composer smoothly.
- Import Video Files to FCP X and Log & Transfer Files to FCP 6/7
- Encode Sony A7S II 4K XAVC S to Apple Prores for FCP 6/7 Editing
- Import and Edit Sony PXW-F7S 4K XAVC-L to FCP X on Mac OS X El Capitan
- Import Sony RX100 IV XAVC S 4K Video to Final Cut Pro X Mac OS X El Capitan
- Import Sony XAVC MXF to Premiere Pro CC on Mac Yosemite