My friend shot videos with the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1. After downloading the AVCHD Lite .mts videos from
DMC-TS1 to iMovie 8/9/11 and exporting as .mov, the video is 2x speed faster than the audio in normal speed. QuickTime Player does not support the 720p MTS, and the VLC media player does not
recognize the DMC-TS1 .mts files from built-in memory of the camera.
The free to try method is to update VLC to see if it works for the
DMC-TS1 AVCHD Lite 720p MTS videos then. Another solution is to convert AVCHD Lite to MOV with third party software with perfect synchronization. If you have just
purchased Lumix DMC-TS1 digital camera, and have difficulties playing the recorded AVCHD Lite files on Mac, you'd better to transcode the clips to QuickTime format
with Mac HD Video
Converter. For those who also want to trim out unwanted
footage at the beginning and the end of the footage, Media Magician for Mac is a better choice. Follow the steps in below guide to edit (cut) and convert
your Lumix DMC-TS1 MTS video into QuickTime format with Media Magician for Mac.
Get Ready for converting Lumix DMC-TS1 MTS to QuickTime MOV on Mac Lion, Snow Lion, etc
1. Connect Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1to Mac and back up recorded MTS files to hard drive.
2. Install and run the Media Magician for Mac.
Step-by-step Guide: Convert Lumix DMC-TS1 MTS to QuickTime video
1. Press "Load from folder" to import Lumix DMC-TS1 MTS video.
2. Drag and drop the MXF videos to timeline, where you organize and edit Lumix DMC-TS1 MTS. Media Magician for Mac offers an easy introduction to video editing with support for color adjustment, themes, easy to use effects, and simplistic timeline view.
You may find helpful instructions on frame-accurate trimming in How to
Duplicate, Trim and Delete a Clip in a Movie with Smart Cutter on Mac
3. Choose "Output" on the top of main interface to switch it to output interface.
4. Choose QuickTime codec as output format. Select "Common format" group, and set "MOV" for conversion.
After converting and merging the Lumix DMC-TS1 MTS to QuickTime MOV, just open up QuickTime player and browse to where you've saved the
Find more solutions for Panasonic camera and camcorder solutions at the Pavtube