If you got problems when importing Canon XA10 AVCHD MTS to
FCP 6/7 on Mac, just read this article, you will find the best solutions.
Canon XA10 is attracting interest from professional users, it records 1080p HD video in AVCHD or H.264 at 24 or 25p, 50i (or 30p/60i), and boasts good low light performance. The 24Mbps AVCHD recordings can give excellent video quality, especially if you aren't shooting fast-moving highly-detailed images, but you may be perplexed by importing issues when loading Canon XA10 AVCHD to FCP 6/7.
The problem is caused by the video codec of AVCHD format. Since
Apple ProRes is the codec natively supported by FCP, you'd better transcode Canon XA10 AVCHD footage to ProRes 422 encoded MOV for FCP 6/7 with some help from a third-party
Pavtube MTS/M2TS ConMTS/M2TS Converter for Macverter for Mac is the recommended for high quality video editing on Mac with less compressed Apple ProRes format. It can help you to convert AVCHD video from my Canon XA10 to ProRes 422 for FCP 6/7 successfully.
Plus, this Mac AVCHD Converter can also help you to convert AVCHD to iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Express, with various preset video formats for editing software on Mac (Mavericks 10.9 included). Very intuitive and easy to use. Also, you can use it as a Mac editor to deinterlace the original 1080i footages, crop video size, trim video clips, and add special effects and text/image/video watermarks to output videos.
Just follow the guide below to import and edit your Canon XA10 AVCHD videos in FCP 6/7 smoothly.
1. Download Pavtube AVCHD Converter for FCP. This software can convert Canon AVCHD video to FCP or other common formats.
2. Install and run this AVCHD to FCP Converter. Import the mts files from Canon XA10 you want to convert.
3. Click "Format" column to choose the output format for FCP. Click and choose "Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)", it's the best format for editing in FCP 6/7.
4. You can click "Settings" button to adjust output parameters, such
as resolution and bitrate.
5. Click "Convert" button to start.
The Canon AVCHD Converter for FCP will convert Canon XA10 AVCHD to Prores MOV to for FCP 6/7 quickly.
Once the conversion completes, you can click "Open" button to get the generated MOV files for importing to FCP 6/7for editing on the go.
Transcode Canon XA10 AVCHD footage to iMovie/FCE
Import Canon XA25 MTS into Avid MC and Xpress Pro
Get Canon XA10, HFS20 and HF11MTS into Premiere Pro