Handycam is a Sony brand used to market its camcorder range, including HDR-XR350V, HDR-CX350V,HDR-CX300, HDR-XR200V, HDR-XR520V, HDR-FX1000, HDR-CX520V, HDR-FX7, etc. Sony Handycam records High Definition video in record AVCHD MTS file format, which is a high-definition MPEG, AVC, H.264 transport stream video file format.
When you captured the shootings, the first thing you may try to do is transfer those clips from
Sony Handycam to Windows/Mac Mavericks, and then enjoy it.
Here shows the instruction about Sony Handycam video transfer:
1. Connect your camcorder to your computer through the USB or firewire port.
Note: Older camcorders will typically use firewire while more recent camcorders typically use USB 2.0. Your camcorder will come with the appropriate cable to connect it.
2. Put your camcorder in "play" mode. The switch on your camcorder should be directly beside where you power it on to record videos.
You are almost done! However, if you want to play the mts files from Handycam camcorder on most computers or Android/IOS/Windows 8 devices and share them with others on Youtube/Vimeo, the most effective method is to convert Sony Handycam .MTS to .MP4 format on Windows/Mavericks, which is recognizable and compatible with virtually all media player, operating systems and protable devices.
Handycam Converter for Mavericks is an incredibly easy-to-use program that makes the process easy and give you files that are playable on any device you can choose, which can help you convert MTS from your Handycam camcorder to MP4, and convert videos to target readable format in which you want the video to be played. For Windows user, please try Handycam Converter for Windows
Guide to convert Sony HandyCam AVCHD videos on MP4 for playback and sharing
1. Install and run the best Sony HandyCam Converter, choose the one according to your operating platform. Transfer Sony HandyCam video to hard drive, and then click "Import" to add the avchd files you need into the program.
2. Click Format column and choose the output format, you can choose MP4 format for output. This is the perfect format for playing on Tablets/Smartphones and sharing on website.
3: Click settings button to adjust the output video’s parameters, such as bitrate, resolution, etc
4. You can edit the Sony HandyCam videos in this program before converting to other formats on Mac OS. Trim, crop, add watermark or adjust effect as you want.
5. Start converting Sony HandyCam AVCHD video to MP4 for Win/Mac Mavericks.
In this way, you can use Sony handycam recorded MTS footages to playback or sharing. Please take a try now, hope it will do a great favor for you. You can find more related guides in Pavtube Sony Column.