Summary: Follow this article below, you will know how to use Sony XDCAM Converter to convert Sony PMW-200 XDCAM HD422 MXF video to FCP 6/7/X for editing with multi audio
Im using a sony pmw 200 - recording halloween videos at 23.98fps, 50mbs.I need to convert these in to proves 422 preserving the 8 channels of audio and 48KHz and 24 bit. No matter what I do It always comes out at 16 bit audio - is there a way i can make them 24 bit? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated and post production are breathing down my neck over this and it said on your website that it would do 24bit.. Im obviously doing something stupid!! I bought the program again as I thought maybe that code would only allow it to work on one computer but it hasn't made a difference.
Sony PMW-200 XDCAM camcorders' video format is MXF, using MXF footage on Mac is a big problem as above. In fact, Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF format is not compatible with Final Cut Pro 6/7 and Final Cut Pro X on Mac. So if you want to edit Sony PMW-200 XDCAM HD422 MXF in FCP, you first need to convert Sony PMW-200 MXF video to compatible format like ProRes 422 codec. And what's more, for people who want to edit them in FCP 6/7/X, is there anyway to keep all the multiple audio/video track separately as original?
Fortunately, Pavtube iMixMXF can help you to get it done. With it you are allowed to preserve all or any audio tracks for output Prores .MOV and mix the multiple audio tracks into one if you need.
Below are some useful tips for you and you will know how to import Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF to Final Cut Pro on Mac with multi audio channels.
1. Connect your Sony PMW-200 XDCAM camera to Mac and keep it on; get this multi-track MXF to FCP Converter installed.
Now follow the top left two icons to load individual mxf or in batch.
2. Click "Format" and choose Multi-track Video>Multi-track Apple ProRes 422(*.mov) as the most compatible codec for FCP editing.
3. Click "Settings" to free select needed video/audio tracks.
Check the tracks you need and left others unchecked, thus you can get Multi-track MOV with your needed audio streams. Note there’s a mix into one track icon on the bottom, it will combine all your checked audio tracks into single one.
With this Pavtube iMixMXF program, you can also add some personal subtitles in it which makes the play backing much easier.
4. Click the red "Convert" to start converting Sony PMW-200 multi-track MXF to multi-track Apple Prores MOV for playback or editing on Mac.
Wait for a while to get this fresh hot multiple audio track ProRes MOV for FCP editing on Mac.
1. Pavtube also have a Mac MXF to FCP converter program for users that do not need to deal with multi-track video/audio files; only $29 is needed atm. Refer to here to quick look this MXF Converter for Mac.
2. Good news for Blu-ray/DVD fans! Pavtube studio now provides ByteCopy for Mac plus iMixMXF bundle, saving $17 immediately! (ByteCopy for Mac is a multi-track featured blu-ray ripping program. With it, you can easily backup blu-ray to lossless multi-track MKV without any quality loss, transcode to multi-track MP4/MOV/ProRes and other mainstream video formats.)