Sony HDR-XR260VE HD Flash Memory PAL Camcorder
It features a back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor that's ideal for low-light situations. Plus, it features a wide angle Sony G Lens that supports 30x optical zoom and 55x extended zoom. There's also a 3.0" touch screen Clear Photo LCD display for easy recording and instant playback.
I personally use the older CX160, which has 16GB flash memory. And I bought this XR260VE for my sister. I expected better video quality because of the newer sensor and all the hype in Sony's
Sony HDR-XR260VE shoots Full HD 1920 x 1080 / 50p video and can also take 8.9 megapixels still images. And my sister is new to Avid, and when importing the MTS files into the project bin, it will take hours to import a 600MB file. Sometime it will just give an error message to say that shot of storage. So she is confused what to do to speed the importing process.
As a matter of fact, AVCHD is superb format for recording video but not a good format for editing, especially because of 50p AVCHD nonstandard format. If you are using Avid MC, it will be
simple as you can use AVCHD AMA to import. It will be much faster. But unfortunately the AVCHD AMA is not compatible with AMC 5.0. Besides, Avid recommend DNxHD codec as the best avid
To successfully and fastly import your Sony HDR-XR260VE 1080/50p mts videos to Avid Media Composer for editing, you'd better encode AVCHD to DNxHD before transferring. The best software
I know is Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for mac, which not only can batch transcode MTS files for AMC, also
can get the best settings for playing and editing videos. Just get a free trail version and follow the brief guide below.
- Note: If you are running Windows, here is a guide on How to convert AVCHD MTS to Avid Media Composer on Windows
1. Install and run this program. Drag and drop Sony XR260VE 50p AVCHD video files into file list.
2. Click "Format" bar to determine output format. For natively editing in Avid Media Composer, you are recommended to choose Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.mov), this format is best for Avid MC native editing.
3. If you would like to customize the video and audio parameters, you can click "settings", adjust the parameters as you want, like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sampling rate, bit rate, channels.
4. Click "Convert" to start to convert Sony HDR-XR260VE 50p mts to Avid Media Composer DNxHD codec for editing.
With this Mac Sony AVCHD to Avid converter, it becomes easy for you to convert Sony XR260VE 1080/50p AVCHD video to Avid Media Composer natively for editing.
After converting, you can follow this media to Avid importing guide to know the importing process. Hope this simple but useful guide will do favor for you to do the fast conversion.
Import Sony PJ650V MTS to ProRes for FCP 6/7/X on Mac
Transcode Sony NEX-5R AVCHD MTS for iMovie
Make Sony HDR-SR1 MTS footages editable in FCE
Play Sony NEX-FS700U AVCHD on QuickTime
Work with Sony AVCHD and Adobe Premiere