Sony HDR-PJ780/PJ790V is the recently announced new member to Sony Handycam family. It will be the first flagship Handycam in years to arrive without the option to ditch the built-in projector. Meanwhile, technology like WiFi remains an optional add-on which make much easier to share recorded videos and images with family members and friends.
Sony Handycam HDR-PJ780/PJ790V is capable of recording 1920x1080 24p/60p Full HD digital video footages and high quality 24.1MP still images, make it become an excellent camera for us to
record vivid videos, especially the AVCHD format can deliver stunning picture quality.
Unfortunately, due to its codec incompatibility, numerous Mac users frustrated when importing the 60p mts files from PJ780/PJ790V into iMovie. They are looking for the best solution to make Sony PJ780/PJ790V generated AVCHD files editbale in iMovie 11/9/8 on Mac (including Mac OS X Mavericks).
To successfully get Sony PJ780/PJ790V 60p MTS files to iMovie 11/9/8 for further editing, the best solution is to transcode Sony AVCHD to iMovie preferred format. Right now, a program named Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac- the best Sony MTS Converter for Mac which helps to convert Sony PJ780/PJ790V 60p AVCHD files to MOV for native importing to iMovie with the least loss of original video quality.
There are various export format for users to choose from, including Apple's ProRes 422 codec for Sony MTS to FCP importing, Intermediate codec and QuickTime codec. It also lets users to convert AVCHD files into common video formats like AVI, MP4, WMV, MKV, MOV, M4V, etc. The step-by-step guide below shows you how to convert Sony PJ780/PJ790V 1080/60p .mts videos to AIC .mov for iMovie 11/9/8 on Mac OS X Mavericks.
How to convert Sony HDR-PJ780/PJ790V 60p AVCHD to AIC for iMovie users on Mac Mavericks
1. Connect Sony PJ780/PJ790V Camcorder to Mac, and transfer 60p .MTS files that you want to deal with onto Mac HDD.
2. Run the Mac MTS to iMovie Converter, click the "Add" button to browse and import PJ260V .mts files.
Tip: If you have multiple Sony PJ780/PJ790V 1080/60p MTS clips, you can select the "Merge into one" box to merge/combine the Sony clips into one file for iMovie, so that you can play these files without interruption.
3. Click the "Format" bar, choose "iMovie and Final Cut Express>Apple Intermediate Codec (*.mov)" as output video format. The AIC is the compatible format for you to edit in iMovie on Mac OS X Mavericks. Then you can set the output folder by clicking "Browse" icon as you need.
4. Click the "Convert" button and the MTS to AIC Converter will start converting Sony PJ780/PJ790V 60p MTS files to AIC .mov clips.
5. After Conversion, you can work with Sony PJ780/790V 60p MTS recordings in iMovie natively. Also you can upload Sony MTS videos to YouTube, Vimeo etc, you can also stream the AVCHD videos to your friends and families for sharing. As long as you want, you can also do the more you want to do.
File Importing Steps: How to import video files or projects to iMovie 8/9/11 on Mac?
Learn More MTS Video Converter Related Guide:
Import/edit 50p/60p AVCHD in Final Cut Pro (X) on Mac
Sony HDR-PJ780 MTS to iMovie Converter
Working with Sony PJ790V/PJ780 AVCHD MTS in Avid Media Composer
Solution to import Sony PJ790V/PJ780 MTS files to Windows PC
How can I edit Sony PJ790V/PJ780 AVCHD with FCP?