Summary: Just read this article you will know the best way to import Sony CX430V AVCHD to Avid Xpress Pro with DNxHD codec.
Sony is the leading camcorder brand and offers the largest selection of high-definition models, and the HDR-CX430V is a camcorder that is made to capture moments on the go. It is compact, lightweight and ready to go with built-in features like 32GB Flash Memory, Balanced Optical SteadyShot, 55x extended zoom and more.
Pros: Excellent Video, Balanced OIS is awesome, 30x Zoom
Cons: Still pictures are useless... mic could have a little more gain...
I have just purchased CX430V, I am very happy with this camcorder so far... . The HD video is very good and the 30x zoom is great... The auto settings do pretty good in all conditions... I got it for video recording. And my plan is to do an offline/online workflow for the Sony CX430V and Avid Xpress Pro, the rushes are mixed with 25 and 50 fps. So any suggestions for the best setting with importing Sony CX430V MTS in Avid Xpress Pro?
You may want to record crystal-clear movies at the highest resolution available with Full HD 1080/60p video capture, then Sony CX430V is your best choice. However, as above you will have problems in importing Sony CX430V AVCHD to Avid Xpress Pro. As the frame rate is so high and the codec is not friendly to Avid for editing, to edit your Sony CX430V 1080/60p MTS in Avid Xpress Pro smoothly, the best solution is to transcode MTS format to DNXHD codec which is best supported by Avid Xpress Pro.
What you need:
Pavtube MTS/M2TS converter for Mac
Steps to transcode Sony CX430V 1080/60p AVCHD to DNxHD for Avid Xpress Pro.
1. Download the best Sony AVCHD MTS Converter, follow the prompts to install the program. Run this program. Click "Add" to load Sony CX430V MTS video files or directly drag the files into file list.
2. Click "Format" bar to determine output format. For natively editing in Avid, you are recommended to choose Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD 1080p (*.mov), this format is best for Avid Xpress Pro native editing.
3. If you would like to customize the video and audio parameters, you can click "settings", adjust the parameters as you want, like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sampling rate, bit rate, channels.
4. Click "Convert" to start to convert Sony AVCHD to Avid DNxHD codec for natively editing.
Now you may have known the easy way to convert Sony CX430V MTS to Avid Xpress Pro, after conversion, import the converted video files to Avid Xpress Pro (learn how to import video files to Avid Xpress Pro here), then you can edit it smoothly without problems.
1. If you need to know more conversion application on MTS video, such as Sony MTS to FCP, you can view Pavtube MTS column which has so many solutions.
2. If you want to watch AVCHD recording MTS videos on your widescreen TV through a regular DVD player, first you need to burn recording MTS to DVD.
Import Sony FS700 1080p AVCHD to Avid MC
Ingest Sony NEX-VG20 AVCHD to FCP 7/X
Edit Sony SLT-A65 MTS in FCE 4
Convert Sony CX430V to Adobe Premiere
Get Sony XR500V into Adobe Premiere on Mac
Transcode Sony CX550V on Windows PC
Load/Transfer Sony FS100 MTS files to FCP
Sony TD30V/B AVCHD and Avid MC workflow
Sony HDR-PJ790V/PJ780 MTS to Avid Converter