Summary: Have meet problems with playing Sony 4K videos in QuickTime? Please take few minutes to read on this article. Maybe you will get some useful tips.
QuickTime as a built-in media player on Mac OS X only supports so few video
formats that many Mac users prefer to use VLC Player to replace it. If you still want to keep QuickTime as your default player, it’s ok, but when you want to play Sony 4K videos in QuickTime,
some playback problems maybe trouble you. Some Sony users said the 4K playback in QuickTime becomes intermittent. They can’t watch 4K videos from beginning to end smoothly.
The reason why playback with Sony 4K video in QuickTime becomes intermittent is not only one. Maybe the resolution of your Mac computer is too lower than 4096 x 2160 to handle Sony 4K video, maybe the codec of Sony 4K videos is not able to be decoded by QuickTime on Mac. The solutions to these reasons are downgrade Sony 4K videos to 1080p and encode them to MOV format which is most suitable format for QuickTime.
Here I recommend Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac to assist you to play Sony 4K videos in QuickTime smoothly. This App provides a parameters panel to let you resize the resolution. Besides, it presets a proper output profile for QuickTime. You don’t need to think of what specific MOV parameter is. In the meantime, you can edit Sony 4K videos in it due to its built-in video editor, add watermark, trim video into three parts, edit audio track, just do it.
If you want to know about more HD video converters for Mac, please review Top 5 Best Video Converter for Mac
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to Play Sony 4K Video in QuickTime Player
Step 1. Load 4K videos
First of all, transfer 4K videos from Sony camera to Mac Desktop with the whole folder.
Click "Add Video" or "Add from folder" button on the top menu to browse and choose Sony 4K videos.
Step 2. Choose the preset output format
For QuickTime, just click the format bar and follow "QuickTime Movie Format" > "DV - PAL(*.mov)".
Step 3. Resize resolution.
Click "Settings" to open “Profile Settings” window. To play Sony 4K videos smoothly in QuickTime, please change “Size(pix)” number to 1920 x 1080.
Step 4. Start converting 4K videos
Click the "Convert" button on the main UI to start the 4K to MOV conversion. You can see the converted videos by clicking "Open" button.
Then you are able to play Sony 4K videos in QuickTime with no problem. Enjoy!
Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac: If you want to rip popular BD movies out for watching in QuickTime, you can try our another software - Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac. This program can help you finish the ripping process with no quality loss.
- Surprise for MTS to QuickTime or DV Format on Mac
- Play Camcorder H.264 Videos Well on QuickTime
- How to Convert MXF to QuickTime for Playing on Mac?
- Play Sony DSC-WX500 XAVC S on QuickTime on Mac
- How to Transcode QuickTime MOV to Avid Media Composer DNxHD on Mac
- Play AVI in QuickTime – Convert AVI to MOV El Capitan